5.10.2011

Adventures of a Bride-to-Be

We asked our next bride-to-be to chronicle the adventures of her wedding planning for us back in January, and to keep the integrity of her story, we have back dated them as such!

Adventures of a (Second Time) Bride-to-Be

January 18, 2011

When Laura asked me to be the newest “Bride to Be”, I was truly honored. Having your wedding planning and ceremony profiled for brides around the world to see is an overwhelming feeling; I am humbled that she asked, and I accepted without hesitation. I hope my story is something that you all enjoy reading every week.

First, I know I’m not the typical bride you may have read posts from on this blog in the past. In eight days, I turn the magical age of 40 and have been married once before. From that marriage, I have two beautiful young daughters and they are the loves of my life.

My fiancĂ©’, Lawrence, also has a gorgeous teenage daughter and a very handsome almost-teenage son from his previous marriage. Our children will be a big part of our wedding day and that makes this opportunity to write about the events leading up to July 22, 2011 all that much more special to me.

So, for anyone that is getting married for a second time, or even the first-time brides that want some advice from someone who has done this once before, I hope you enjoy reading about planning a wedding from someone with my perspective.
Brevity is not a strong suit of mine, so I’ll try to keep my posts short, but no guarantees (although I’m sure Laura will keep me in line!). I look forward to sharing my story with all of you.

Until next time…

"They came to sit
& dangle their feet
off the edge of the world
and after a while
they forgot
everything
but the good
and true things
they would do
someday."
~ Brian Andreas

xoxo,
Alycia

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails