2.10.2011

Destination Bride-to-Be

Planning a Wedding – Destination Style!

I can’t believe that it’s already February! Where did the last 2 months go? I have been insanely busy doing everything except planning our wedding. I was lucky enough to have 2 weeks off at Christmas so Nate and I spent the first 3 days in San Diego celebrating Rachel’s (I am a bridesmaid in her wedding in November) and Ann’s birthdays. Then I flew home to Oregon for a fantastic visit with family and friends while Nate went to visit his folks in Arizona, where it actually snowed! Once I got back to Los Angeles I helped plan and execute a good friend’s baby shower and supervised sorority recruitment at my Alma Mater, LMU, as I am the new member advisor for Delta Zeta. Busy, busy, busy!

Ann’s Birthday (my bridesmaid)!

Amber (my bridesmaid) hanging out in Portland during the holidays.

The last thing on my mind was wedding planning. Yes, ridiculous, I know! That is until I received a call from our travel agent informing us that we have official “paid in full’ guests attending our wedding in Cabo. That knocked me right back into the wedding planning mode.

We found a photographer! The resort informed us that we needed to use the photographer they are contracted with; however I was not a fan of that photographer’s portfolio or prices. So my wonderfully talented cousin, Sarah Ellen will be handling all of the photography. In all honesty I didn’t want any friends or family having to work at our wedding; it is supposed to be a vacation for everyone. But after talking to her about our options Sarah told me that she was going to snap pictures whether I wanted her to or not! She is almost as excited to shoot our wedding day as we are to have her there to capture each moment. Check out Sarah Ellen Photography.

My mind has been racing with ideas since recently becoming obsessed with the website, Etsy.com. I ordered 62 flowers made out of birch wood in aqua, orange and natural coloring, thinking that they might work for something as the price was way too good to pass up. From the moment they arrived I was in love! They are extremely light weight, perfect for traveling with and attaching to pretty much anything for decoration. I am in the process of making a special order because I plan on scattering them around the dinner tables and making my bridesmaids bouquets out of them. Wish me luck getting all crafty!


I love, love, LOVE the clay wedding cake toppers that I also found on Etsy. I just commissioned Tina from clayinaround to design ours. I am surprising Nate with it so I will have to provide pictures of our topper after the wedding. I know, 9 months is a long time to wait, but I hope it will be worth it! Seriously, how adorable are these examples?



Nate officially picked out his ring. Being an avid outdoorsman, he chose a ring made out of Tungsten Carbide in hopes of keeping it scratch free. After we picked it up he asked if he could start wearing it now. I know it is tradition to wait until the wedding but I also ask myself, if he likes it so much, why not? Let me know in the comments: Did your man wear his ring before the actual ceremony?



Lots of Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails