2.28.2011

Adventures of a Maid of Honor

We recently celebrated Laura's upcoming wedding with a beautiful bridal shower designed by fellow bridesmaid Beth Helmstetter. It was simply gorgeous and we can't wait to share pics with you! For now, here is a photo of me with the lovely bride-to-be with the other fabulous ladies in our family - our mom and grandmother!


Following the shower, Laura and I headed to her office to work on assembling and stamping (yes, she went the vintage stamp route) her wedding invitations - they turned out fabulously and I can't wait to receive mine in the mail!

We also met up last week at The White Dress in Corona Del Mar to pick up Laura's wedding dress. The shop doesn't do alterations in-house, so we were getting the dress to take it off to be altered. It nearly fits Laura perfectly already, just needs to be taken in in a few places. She looks so beautiful and I can't wait to see the "complete look" on her wedding day!

Next up is the bachelorette party. A small group of us will be heading up to Santa Barbara, but all of the details are a surprise to Laura so I can't share anything else until later.

There's not much else to report. With Laura planning the wedding with the talented Beth Helmstetter, it gives me a pretty easy maid-of-honor gig! So far it's just been helping with the dress, accessories, suits and other details. It's also really helpful that I was recently married so I've sent Laura a lot of my documents to edit and use for herself such as my song list for the DJ and must-have photo shot list. Logistics are my strong point and I'm happy to share!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails