10.15.2010

Adventures of a Maid of Honor

Summer was a busy time for the business, but that did not mean this Maid of Honor was neglecting the Bride! With the wedding just a week away, we will be doing an entire "Wedding Week" series updating you on all the planning and events.

Much of August was spent collaborating with Beth Helmstetter and the other bridesmaids, Ashley, Maggie, and Melissa, on ideas for Alyssa's bridal shower. By collaborating I mean that I asked Beth for her ideas and then I put together the paper products. This basically included a simple menu, various signs, and the invitations. The whole planning process was kept a secret from Alyssa, who showed up early for her makeup trial and was ushered into a side office while the preparations were underway.

I’m not huge on party planning (my job function allows me to work on such a small sliver of my brides’ wedding planning process so I have no practice in this art) so Beth took the reigns and had the bridesmaids and me help with the design, step by step, which was nice.

The party took place at The Event Studio in Burbank, and was the perfect place for a gathering of 20 or so of Alyssa’s close friends.


Our colors were blush pink, grey and black and it was an adult tea party theme. We had delightful tea-infused cocktails, tea sandwiches made by our mom, the perfect little bite-sized scones (also made by our mom) and gourmet ice cream provided by Carmela – which was SO good.


Here I am with Alyssa and my fellow bridesmaids, then one of us with Beth!



Our photography was done by Steve Steinhardt and his lovely second shooter, Hannah, who has been documenting the entire planning process as we’ve progressed this past year.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails