6.17.2011

Destination Bride-to-Be

After a brief hiatus, our Destination Bride-to-Be checks in with her pre-wedding adventures!

What an incredible time it has been since my last post! I am feeling so loved, inspired and thankful. Over Memorial Day Weekend my sister threw me the most amazing bridal shower and bachelorette party. Friends and family traveled from near and far to spend the weekend celebrating with me in Los Angeles. I will never forget the special moments I shared with so many people who are so close to my heart. Before the events I had a friend make us a few logos and our monogram for the wedding, which you can check out in the photos below.

On Saturday morning, before the bachelorette party, I treated my bridesmaids to a blow dry and style at Dry Bar in Brentwood. It was so nice not having to do our own hair for the big day ahead. We then went to brunch and ventured over to the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills to get ready. My sister booked us a suite for two nights of pure enjoyment along with rooms for all of the girls to crash in after the party!

Bachelorette Party Favors: Engraved Wine Glasses, See’s Candies, and Water Bottles

Everyone meet at the hotel where we prepped for the day by drinking champagne and munching on snacks. When everyone showed up they were wearing my wedding colors, orange and blue…what a fantastic surprise!

Cheers!

Opening Funny Gifts

My Favorite, Texas Sheet Cake!

A limo then picked us up and transported us to two wineries in Malibu. We had such a blast wine tasting. After wine tasting we had a scrumptious dinner at Dukes on the water in Malibu.



I was in for a shock at our next stop! We went to Hamburger Mary’s…for those of you that don’t know they specialize in drag and burlesque shows. It was amazingly hilarious, we had so much fun getting into the action, and it was STUNNING.

My favorite entertainers of the night


The next morning we all went to brunch. All day Sunday we lounged by the pool and then went to dinner with my parents who got into town earlier that day. At dinner I gave my sister and bridesmaids their wedding thank you gifts. I figured it would be easier for them to hang on to everything rather than Nate and I trying to transport it all down to Mexico. All my maids now have their jewelry, beach bags, and a few other items for the main event in Cabo.
Monday morning we headed down to my sisters place in Hermosa Beach for my bridal shower.

Bridal Shower Favors: Luggage Tags and Water Bottles

Our group of women (and my dad and flower girl) had lunch at Hot’s Kitchen, a very unique taco shop. Honestly, they were some of the best tacos I have ever eaten!



We then ventured back to my sisters place for desert and gifts. After the normal bridal shower activities we headed down to the beach to relax and play Corn Hole…my dad built the game and brought it all the way down from Oregon. It was all extremely entertaining.

Me with My Bridesmaids


Wow, what an exhilarating yet overwhelming weekend! I want to say a gigantic THANK YOU to all of you who planned a participated in this thrilling weekend of events. I am humbled by the outpouring of love and support. Sabryna…you rock!
Lots of Love,
Amanda

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails