9.12.2011

Adventures of a Bride-to-Be

June 7, 2011


With invitations finally in the mail & RSVPs coming in, all the final details were caching up to me: table signs, placecards, favors, hotel baskets, dresses & shoes for the girls, my dress fittings, makeup & hair trials, and another mailing to my guests.

Yes, another mailing.

My wedding is going to be at a venue that you have to find the location for the ceremony & reception, so I neeed to send maps to help them get to where they needed to be. Whereas maps were printed by the Chicago Botanic Garden for visitors, they wouldn’t be easily used by wedding guests trying to find a ceremony & reception.

Fortunately, I knew someone who did these amazing maps by hand & would recreate a much smaller, more weddingish version of the information I needed my guests to know.

OH, LAURA?!?!?!

I did think ahead on this one, so they were ready to go, I just needed to wait for RSVPs to come in so that I would send them to those guests that were attending. My goal is to send them all out one month in advance of the wedding, and then any stragglers thereafter, to guests & any vendors that should know where they needed to go.

I sweat the details. It is my nature.

Even though our wedding day is almost here (and I have SO SO SO much left to do!), my attention to each detail solely to make my guests feel welcome, so welcome they shall feel…


INGREDIENTS:
DOUBLE-SIDED MAP & QUOTE WRAP CLOSURE: Laura Hooper Calligraphy
FLORAL PAPERS: Paper Mojo
CLEAR VELLUM ENVELOPES: Paper and More
STAMPS: Zazzle

Until next time,

“It's the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen.”
~John Wooden

xoxo,
Alycia



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails