3.08.2011

Adventures of a Bride-to-Be

"A friend should be one in whose understanding and virtue we can equally confide, and whose opinion we can value at once for its justness and its sincerity."

~Robert Hall

Things are all coming together so quickly - it is crazy how a few months ago Wes and I sat back and just had a few things to so and now I feel on a daily basis we are answering emails from vendors with questions about our big day. I must admit I really like doing all of this wedding planning, as much as it is stressful and hard to wrap my head around it all the time, I really do feel that the day will be all about Wes and me, with all of our special touches.

We have started receiving some of our response cards back we are already up to 29 people confirmed with a few we know are coming we haven't received their responses yet. Wes and I are so lucky to have such great family and friends around us. We never could have imagined all the people near and far that are planning to fly/drive out to Santa Barbara to celebrate our day with us. We are amazed at who is coming, and are overly excited every time we go to the mail box and get a response card back...this is probably one of the more exciting things pertaining to planning a wedding. It is also interesting to see how people fill in the response cards! Here is our full invitation set that Laura created for us.


Laura has informed me that since our wedding is 8 weeks away now (SERIOUSLY Crazy!!!) we need to start working on all of the little reception pieces for the wedding, so this week I will be working on all of the "detail" pieces of the wedding. Hope to share some with you all in the next few weeks. My parents and very good family friend are coming into town this week. So we have a ton of things happening over the next few weeks....
I bought my wedding shoes but am now having buyer's remorse. I'm not quite sure what to do since I love them! Sorry, I cannot share a picture of the actual shoes because I am surprising Wes with this element. Here is a picture that is close, just not the actual shoes.


My to do list keeps getting shorter and shorter.
* work on stationery reception pieces with Laura
* make appointment to get dress altered
* decide on wedding shoes
* buy Wes' wedding band
* confirm food
Till next week. Promise to share pictures.
Always with love,
Aly

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails