11.02.2010

Adventures of a Bride-to-Be

"Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."

The "girls weekend" planning came about when my parents moved to Dallas. I did not want a crazy bachelorette party in Vegas or anything like that; all I wanted were the people closest to me around with me for a whole weekend of pampering and relaxing. My mom put together an amazing weekend with the help of my sister. It worked out perfectly with Dallas as the central meeting hub for everyone to fly into. Jane and Madison, who are like family to us, traveled from Canada to meet up. My Aunt Mary Ellen and cousin Amanda came from Florida (horrible to say, I had not seen them in 4 years!). And my sister and nephew Keaton came in from Florida as well.

{with my parents}

The weekend started off great with everyone flying in late Thursday evening - miraculously, everyone's flights were on time! My parents picked us all up and we were headed uptown for some cocktails and appetizers at the parents' place. We stayed in Thursday night as we knew Friday was going to be a long day of pampering. We called it an early night and took everyone to their hotel The Palomar.
We woke up bright and early on Friday morning for a fabulous day my mom had planned out at the Exhale Spa at the Palomar Hotel. We started off with yoga by the pool at 10am, which was a little early considering all the drinks we had the night before (even though we stayed in), followed by a strand of appointments: deep tissue massage, pedicure and manicure. Then it was time for lunch by the pool.




I was completely spoiled with gifts from everyone, but by far the most personal and meaningful was a box that my mom and sister Stephanie put together for me for my wedding day. It included an extremely tearful note and the following: initials sewn by my mother (my grandmother passed away 4 years ago and in blue thread sewed my sisters initials into her dress) so my mom wanted to keep the tradition alive with me, the garter my sister wore, sexy wedding undies, travel candle, my grandmothers brooch for my bouquet, and a Philosophy bridal day kit.


We had lunch by the pool with pink champagne of course and the most amazing cupcakes by Dimples in Dallas for dessert. I can still taste the amazing wedding cake frosting in my mouth now! That night we went out to a cute Italian pizza place that flowed with many glasses of wine and stories.

Saturday we woke up ready to shop the day away. We hit all the best stores in Dallas, but we were all gearing up for the grand finale dinner at Perry's Steakhouse in Dallas that my dad was taking all his lovely ladies to.


This is a view from my parents condo in Dallas, it amazing!

We had the most amazing steak and favorite wine by Kenneth Volk, Pinot Noir of course.


I am so thankful to have such great people in my life. It was a great weekend to get wedding planning and flowers off my mind! We all live so far away but I am glad to know that I will see them all again very shortly. I am excited for them to met Wes as most have not yet. He is a wonderful guy and I know they will all love him like I do.

{with my nephew}


Always with love,
Alyson

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails