3.08.2010

Adventures of a Maid of Honor

(Photo by Steve Steinhardt)

A funny thing happened last week. My sister gave me a call on Thursday evening.  Typically if I am working, I will let it go to voicemail, but this time I answered. We spoke briefly and when I asked why she was calling she said, "I realized I haven't called to talk to you about you in a really long time!" Well, I'm not sure what was going on with her, because she never calls just to chat, but she said, "We're sisters! We should chat!" (which is very true)

Anyway, the point of this is that even though we did end up discussing her wedding in the end, it was really sweet that she realized she has only been talking about her wedding for weeks. In doing what I do, I'm used to pretty much focusing all my attention on the biggest day of someone else's life, so it's not a big deal at all. It was just nice to talk about me, and my life, for a few minutes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails